Our partner is looking for an Onsite Field Support Team Lead working on their prestigious projects for a long term contract at various locations across the UAE.
- This role is a hybrid role providing Team Lead responsibilities for a large onsite support team and will provide day-to-day onsite technical support for end user hardware and software issues at educational institutions across the UAE.
- You will be responsible for providing routine, technical support and maintenance for desktops, laptops, peripherals, telecom, and network systems including hardware, application software, operating systems, and connectivity.
- Your responsibilities will include troubleshooting hardware and software issues and document resolution and support as needed in addition to installing, configuring, and updating end-user desktop and laptop software with support as needed.
- You will also ensure that the Service Desk and or end user is provided with regular progress updates until resolution is confirmed.
- The Team Lead functions Lead include planning, organizing, and day-to-day supervision of team members, assigning tasks, checking work at frequent intervals, and maintaining schedules. You will also exercise independent judgment in the distribution of work where applicable.
- Team supervision
- Team task assignment, regular quality checks on work done, maintaining schedules, planning and organizing work activities
- Provide support and assistance for all the Onsite Field Service Support Engineers activities
- Ensures that all tickets are handled in line with the SLA’s
- Monitor Onsite Field Service Support Engineer ticket queues
- Escalate to the management for any dependencies or recurring issues
- Provide Onsite Field Service Support Engineers with technical support and/or liaise with the L3 team as appropriate
- Provides technical training for their team to ensure they have the relevant skills to resolve all relevant issues
- Receipt of user requests / incidents escalated by the ServiceDesk / end user
- Provide L2 support for tickets escalated by Service Desk
- Configure, troubleshoot, and resolve issues related to hardware, operating system, software and application problems, windows desktop, notebooks, printers, and PC peripherals
- Provide support for install/upgrade/de-install/repair activities on customer desktops, laptops
- Provide onsite end-user equipment support (i.e. desktops, screens, scanners, printers, docking stations, classroom, and meeting room equipment, etc)
- Provide onsite office automation software and approved application suite support
- Provide basic Infrastructure and systems administration support by acting as an extension of the backline teams (i.e. Network, Application, System Admin Teams, etc)
- Basic network patch cable changes under the direction of the Infrastructure Team and replacement of faulty network cables using ready-made cables from stock
- Assist in inventory audits through visual checks and updating tracking sheets to be sent to the Asset Management team
- Hardware refresh: support in deinstallation and installations of customer Hardware in scope of this project (desktops, screens, scanners, printers, docking stations, classroom and meeting room equipment, routers, switches etc..), by acting as an extension of the backline teams (i.e. Network, Application, System Admin Teams, etc)
- Support in operating system/software installations by acting as an extension of the backline teams (i.e. Network, Application, System Admin Teams, etc)
- Assist in implementing approved changes onsite by acting as an extension of the backline teams (i.e. Network, Application, System Admin Teams, etc)
- Performing and documenting initial diagnosis of issues followed by formulating and executing a resolution plan
- Meet SLA for work client ticket requests, assess and prioritize incidents while investigating & resolving critical incidents
- Escalate to appropriate next-level resources for incident resolution
- Facilitates progressive internal and external updates
- Take action to mitigate incidents quickly
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to staff and team members
- Develop and maintain effective relationships through effective, timely communication and meets deadlines
- Take initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
- Timings: 6 days, 48 hours a week, comprised of shift/rota
- BSc. degree in a technical field related to Information Technology
- Minimum five years in Operating Systems support, end user device troubleshooting & support
- Fluent in Arabic (native language) and English
- UAE driving license and own transport essential
- Has experience in managing people
- Has experience in dealing with employees all the way up to C suite level
- Experience in rolling out / managing IT business initiatives
- Customer service focused
- Problem solving and innovation capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal/nonverbal
- Interpersonal Skills
- Must have extensive Office 365 experience, all applications, with administration exposure if possible
- Experience with a recognized ITSM tool (Remedy, ManageEngine, ServiceDesk, Ivanti, etc)
- Must have a basic understanding of networks
- Certification in Microsoft Technologies
- Additional Skills
- An intermediate to advanced understanding of network wiring and TCP-IP
- Service oriented, open, and good with analytical skills
- Work independently & in collaboration
- Ability to manage multiple activities and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent customer service, communications, and soft skills
- A track record of Teamwork
- MCSA / MS Azure related certifications
- Comptia A+ / Network+ / Security+
- ITIL Foundation certified
With over 20 years of experience, we have come to understand that innovation is the only way to provide agile, practical solutions that transform businesses and careers.
Our resourcing and smart services help you to realize tomorrow’s potential. Discover the amazing things possible when you bring the right people and the right technologies together.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.