Majid Al Futtaim invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Omni Stylist is responsible for the styling and co-ordination of all collections and products represented on the website, App and social platforms ensuring the finished images are on brand, aspirational, show fashion authority and are in-line with THAT aesthetic to help drive and maximise sales. The role holder is also responsible for the styling of the Mannequins in the store and for training the Sales team on styling techniques.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Work closely with Visual and Creative Director, buying team, VM team, Online trade team, to ensure all products are styled and merchandised to best reflect the brand buy and fashion authority.
- Work closely with the Buying team to ensure all information related to new and exclusive brands, seasonal collections and trends are captured.
- Style the instore mannequins on regular basis.
- Work closely with the Photo Studio Stylist and Operations Executive on setting the styling guidelines for all the brands every season.
- Conduct regular trends and styling training to the store VM, sales team, online team, and studio team.
- Analyze weekly sell through reports with the operation team to make sure appropriate products are being featured.
- Identify and highlight key products in store based on current trends, exclusivity, and sale performance.
- Styling on Ad-Hoc editorial and marketing campaigns as required.
- Broad knowledge of designers, brands and emerging trends.
- Research and consolidate seasonal trends guidelines.
- Contribute and support the business in achieving the Dare Today, Change Tomorrow sustainability strategy.
- Build strong partnerships with members of the cross-functional teams such as Store teams, VM, Marketing and Buying team strengthening internal customer relationships.
- Support in promoting sustainability initiatives to transform the lives of the community and contribute to the net positive impact, and health and wellness.
- Calendar adherence
- Increase in Footfall
- Sell thru of displayed items
- Sustainability initiatives
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Strong fashion and styling sense
- Creative thinking
- Detail oriented
- Strong customer orientation
- Effective Communication skills
- Leads the Way – Understand market trends and impact of value drivers directly affecting areas of responsibility (sector, function, geography). Ensures right resources are mobilized to ensure delivery. Prioritizes and allocates work among team members in a clear and structured manner.
- Drives Impact – Make informed decisions and clearly communicates rationale behind them. Proactively identify and seek relevant information and data from team to make decisions. Identifies critical paths and proactively convenes the right stakeholder to ensure timely decisions are made. Makes hard decisions, knows when to make a call versus delegating upwards.
- Thinks Customer – Has a good understanding of main customer segments and helps team to understand them. Solicits customer feedback and ensures customer expectations are exceeded. Actively encourages “customer first” mindset.
- Thinks Group – Identifies and pursues opportunities with potential and benefit for the company. Proactively promotes collaboration with other teams across departments. Ensures established team targets are understood and met. Is responsive and openly communicates with others.
- Develops Talent – Empower others to take ownership and responsibility through effective delegation and support. Invests time and efforts to coach the team members and support their development. Provides fact based, detailed and actionable feedback to members. Work to draw on potential of team.
- Fosters Innovation – Find ways to bring new ideas to the team. Actively lead discussions of new ideas. Encourage an environment of openness and a “fail fast and recover quick” mindset. Agility to recognize and implement new ideas that foster a creative environment.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications / Education
- Diploma or higher education in Fashion or Design
- 4-5 years in styling role
- Styling experience for a luxury fashion retailer preferably on-line is an advantage