As an Assistant General Manager, you’ll work with the General Manager to create, execute and maintain the store business plan. You’re a critical leader in driving profitable sales growth through all aspects of the store including; customer and product operations, merchandising, and talent development. You are responsible for supporting the execution of the store strategy to achieve performance goals. You’ll lead others by teaching and coaching Assistant Managers, Leads, Experts and Brand Associates to cultivate a high performing team to deliver a best-in-class experience to our customers. You are expected to lead the team in the absence of your General Manager.
- Own assigned area of responsibility.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, develop and lead a team of managers and employees.
- Support the execution of performance goals and developmental plans for store team.
- Build effective teams and drive a culture of high performance and engagement.
- Implement action plans to maximize efficiencies and productivity.
- Perform Service Leader duties.
- Leverage an omni-channel to deliver a frictionless customer experience.
- Support strategies and processes using a customer-centric mindset to delivers results and drives store sales.
- Ensure consistent execution of standard operating procedures.
- Be accountable for team performance through teaching, coaching and providing feedback to build capabilities.
- Promote community involvement.
- Represent the brand and understand the competition and retail landscape.
- Determined to effectively lead and inspire others to learn and grow through coaching and mentoring.
- Able to maneuver around the sales floor, stockroom and office and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Knowledgeable of our business and the retail environment and it to evolve store strategies to help meet goals.
- Driven by metrics to deliver results to meet business goals.
- Organized and utilize time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple tasks in an environment with competing demands.
- A good communicator with the ability to effectively interact with customers and your team to meet goals.
- Agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Qualification & Experience:
- A high school graduate or equivalent.
- A current or former retail employee with 2-4 years of retail management experience.
Company: Old Navy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A