University of Science & Technology of Fujairah
Job description / Role
• Uphold, safeguard and promote USTF’s core values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
• Direct the assessment process of the university in accordance with organizational policies and procedures to comply with relevant bylaws.
• Manage quality assurance and institutional research (QAIR) budget and transactions in accordance with USTF policies and procedures, and optimize the cost-effectiveness of activities.
• Communicate with college deans, department heads and office directors as necessary to ensure efficient, positive support and activities.
• Anticipate research and report on future changes in assessment practices, and ensure such knowledge is factored into the planning of university’s strategy, resources and procedures.
• Plan and supervise the implementation of strategic planning and activities consistent with overall mission and vision of USTF.
• Manage all reports submitted to the QAIR in the OPIE to effectively communicate with the relevant offices and colleges.
• Liaise with other departments in order to establish and maintain effective and relevant communication activities and to support overall operating functions.
• Monitor, record, analyze and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to institutional effectiveness activities.
• Coordinate with information technology (IT) department to assess courses, faculty, academic advisors, department heads, college deans, office heads, and service units.
• Prepare and submit meeting schedules
• Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) documents; assessment reports, remedial action plan, factbooks and other documents to relevant colleges and offices in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage to get international institutional and program accreditation and to raise the international ranking of USTF.
• Analyze and interpret statistics and other data and produce relevant reports.
• Interpret instructions and issues arising, from assessment activities and then implement actions according to the academic and administrative policies and procedures.
• Research and investigate information to enable strategic decision-making by others.