The Warehouse Associate – trans is responsible for daily customer order fulfillment activities within an assigned area(s) of a distribution facility. This position is responsible for demonstrating safety and operational expertise within a quality and productivity driven environment. This position will be required to proficiently perform at least one or more distribution-related activities (e.g. order filling, shipping, receiving) on a regular basis.
- Perform one or more distribution-related functions that allow, as the business requires, assignment across various functions such as checking, picking, packing, replenishment, bin/bulk order fill, bin/bulk stocking, shipping, receiving/returns, sorting, or loading (as applicable to operation). Assignment to other functional tasks may be done on a daily or less than daily basis.
- Participate in the implementation and contribute ideas and suggestions for continuous improvements to the distribution process in a group setting.
- May, on occasion, operate a pallet jack to move product around
- Demonstrate a commitment to our company’s core values.
- Contribute to a safe work environment through continuous focus on housekeeping and safety.
- Interact with supervisors, leads, and/or work groups with information exchanges related to immediate tasks.
- Work in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Ability to push, pull, grasp, and fine manipulation of equipment using hands is ongoing throughout the work hours
- Walking on uneven surfaces possible, though infrequently
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds regularly, up to 150 pounds infrequently
- Basic ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, using the English language
- Basic computer skills (accessing and navigating the internet; familiar with the keyboard; opening, closing and saving documents
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A