The team member is responsible for preparation and microscopically examination of cytologic specimens for evidence of cancer or other pathological conditions. In coordination with the Cytopathologist, writes and issues reports using recognized cytopathologic terminology. The team member will also assist in the evaluation of new or modified techniques when required. They will advise and assist in the orientation and training of other personnel on equipment and software as necessary.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: CT Certification from ASCP required.
- Experience: One year of relevant laboratory experience (clinical internships of twelve months duration meet this requirement) preferred.
- Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree required. Graduated from a school of cytotechnology accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation or other organization approved by HHS; or be certified in cytotechnology by a certifying agency approved by HHS required.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Specialist certifications from accreditation agency.
- Additional Skills Required: All individuals certified ASCP beginning January 1, 2004 must participate and maintain ASCP Board of Certification (BOC) through the Certification Maintenance Program (CMP). Knowledge of current medical terminology to perform full range of laboratory tests. Knowledge of laboratory equipment and testing to perform quality control checks and troubleshooting of instrumentation. Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff regarding laboratory procedures and results. Skill in performing a full range of laboratory tests. Skill in anticipating and reacting calmly to emergency situations. Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, hospital staff and the public. Ability to read and understand information about instrumentation in laboratory field. Ability to follow written protocols. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate clearly.
Company: Novant Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A