Our team members report that our state-of-the-art environment, work/life balance, reputation as a leader both locally and nationally, continuing education offerings, growth opportunities, and pay/benefits/pension plan are why they chose — and chose to stay with — Northside Hospital.
Assists Pharmacist in filling, compounding, and dispensing physician orders. Performs various technical duties involved with the handling, packaging, and delivery of pharmaceuticals. The Pharmacy Tech II demonstrates proficiency to practice in two (2) or more of five (5) specific pharmacy areas (Oncology/Main, nursery, surgery, home care, narcotics/materials management). Provides patient care services to neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Successful completion of Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam.
- Certified technician training program.
- Previous hospital pharmacy experience.
- Knowledge and skill in the operation of personal computers and office equipment.
- Current registration as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Georgia
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician I for a minimum of six (6) months at Northside Hospital with demonstrated proficiency in two of five identified specialty areas
- Pharmacy student with an Intern License issued by the State Board of Pharmacy with a minimum of six (6) months pharmacy experience in lieu of certification
- Certified Technician hired from outside the Northside System with one year of health system related experience with a demonstrated proficiency in two of five identified specialty areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, physicians, coworkers, and others as necessary.
Company: Northside Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Athens, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A