Non-Fleet Sales Representative – Transportation- Leawood, KS (MMA Upper Midwest)
Your goals. Your ambitions. Your definition of success. At MMA, we believe nothing should stand in your way of making these a reality. Here, your future is limitless. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development opportunities, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
As a part of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in risk, strategy, and people, MMA colleagues are part of a network of resources and expertise that sets our organization apart from the competition.
We are currently seeking a Non-Fleet Sales Representative on our Transportation team in Leawood, KS.
- Personal & professional development opportunities
- MMA University – 1000s of free courses and resources
- Certification & designation bonuses. Company-paid study time & testing fees
- Flexible work options
- Dress for your day
- Competitive compensation & benefits package including Paid Parental Leave & PTO for Volunteering
- Colleague Resource Groups and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion
- And more!
- Identify, originate, and close new business opportunities.
- Develop a complete understanding of the full scope of our services and systems. Training will be provided.
- Field inbound calls from prospects, completing the application for submission to external companies.
- Take particular care to capture the appropriate information needed and to answer all questions while suggesting additional coverages.
- Enter information into Sagitta/ImageRight as well as various other company systems while paying close attention to detail.
- Review quotes to confirm accuracy and to ensure complete coverage as well as prepare and sell proposals to prospect within standard time frames.
- Assist Account Managers with cross selling opportunities including owner operators leasing to current Motor Carrier customers and NTU’s moving to primary coverage.
- Solicit new customers from ICC lists and referrals.
- Make outbound calls to prospects and referrals as directed.
- Solve problems by aligning Agency technical resources with prospect and client needs.
- Identify target markets and companies based on appetite and prospect exposures.
- Make a positive contribution to client satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to clients.
- Generate and pursue new client opportunities.
- Participate in the presentation of our services in addition to supporting lines of coverage at prospect proposals.
- Bring new business prospects to closure.
- Telemarket new client opportunities.
- Bring energy and motivation to the team-player atmosphere, always striving for success.
- Meet given performance measures as related to job function.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned as business conditions change.
- College level education or equivalent business related experience preferred.
- Appropriate resident and non-resident (Property & Casualty and Life & Health) insurance licenses required by law to transact company insurance business.
- This person must be willing to earn the necessary designations (i.e. CPCU, STAR) appropriate for the position.
- Ability to read and interpret complex documents, such as insurance policies, applications and proposals.
- Attention to detail necessary.
- Ability to use telephone effectively in order to communicate with agency personnel as well as potential clients. Must be able to use telephone to solicit new business.
- Ability to sit and to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing necessary for relaying complex information with agency personnel and potential clients.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
MMA encourages all its colleagues to pursuedreams without limits. We promote curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams.
We further believe a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep colleagues engaged and productive including: a flexible, hybrid work environment, health and welfare, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
At MMA,your future is limitless. For more information about our company, please visit us at: .
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.