A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
- To conduct strategy discussions with the hospital Paediatrician and other professionals to plan appropriate care based on the needs of the child or young person.
- To treat all SARC clients with courtesy, consideration, care and respect and give appropriate care and treatment in accordance with SARC best practice.
- To obtain fully informed consent for all procedures from the SARC client.
- To work with and liaise with the Crisis Worker and Specially trained officer to ensure that the client feels in control and the service is tailored to their needs.
- To carry out forensic examinations of victims of rape and sexual assault in accordance with G4S Health, FFLM and GMC guidelines
- To be available and to attend the SARC, or other venue, within an agreed timeframe when requested to by G4S Health call centre.
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Police Vetting
- Experience of Working with Vulnerable Groups
- GMC Registered with a license to practice
- Experienced Sexual Offence Examiner
- FFLM LSOM/ DFCASA or equivalent
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Medical Indemnity
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Driving license and access to own vehicle
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bournemouth, GB
Application Deadline: N/A