An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Pharmacist to develop a pioneering role within primary care. Working as part of a team which currently comprises of 3 Clinical Pharmacists and 2 Pharmacy Technicians and covering a demographically diverse population of more than 57,000 patients, you will work closely with all GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics and wider multi-disciplinary team, which also includes a full nursing team, specialist diabetes and respiratory nurses, social prescribers and first contact physiotherapists.
- Ensure patients have appropriate monitoring tests in place when required for repeat prescribing.
- Work with the practice team to review the practice repeat prescribing policy, and manage the repeat prescribing authorisation process. Make necessary changes and interventions for the reauthorisation of long term medications
- Reconcile medicines following discharge form hospitals, intermediate care and into care homes, including identifying and rectifying unexplained changes and working with community pharmacists and secondary care to ensure patients are supported and receive the medicines they need post discharge
- Action medication adjustments following receipt of discharge summary/clinic letter
- Ensure delivery of safe, evidence based, cost effective prescribing within an overall quality and clinical effectiveness framework.
- Run own long term condition clinics where responsible for prescribing as an independent prescriber for conditions where medicines have a large component.
- Make recommendations for medicines switches designed to save on medicine costs
- Undertake clinical medication reviews with patients both remotely and face to face. As an independent prescriber take responsibility for implementing changes through medicines optimisation and reviewing the need for each medicine, drug monitoring and support required by the patient.
- Carry out clinical audits to review patients on high risk medications and monitor prescribing against local and national guidelines. Analyse and present results to highlight areas for improvement
- Set up and manage systems to ensure continuity of medicines supply to high-risk groups of patients
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, GB
Application Deadline: N/A