Job description / Role
The purpose of this role is to coordinate airport slots, develop and regularly review Flight schedules for Air Arabia, and facilitate charter flights and requests with a key objective of optimum aircraft usage on profitable routes.
He/she contributes to the long-term/short-term flight planning ensuring effectiveness in productivity in line with the set measures and company’s adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Acts as the main contact for IATA and Airport Authorities relating to coordination of slots, Civil Aviation regulations, IATA calendar, IATA policies and procedures as well as conferences.
• Communicates with Airports Authorities and Civil Aviation to obtain traffic rights and approvals on slots for Air Arabia.
• Negotiates changes and schedules with airports based on business need, commercial requirements and availability.
• Designs/ modifies short-term flight schedules based on available and future delivery of aircrafts; loads schedules for sales on both planning and reservation systems ensuring optimum aircraft utilization (minimum average 14 block hours) per aircraft per day.
• Checks and verifies schedules to identify any inconsistency, mistakes or discrepancies in schedules prior to validation.
• Refers to input from different sources such as Operations, Country Mangers, Cabin Services, Revenue Management, etc.
• Obtains timely approvals from Airports and Civil Aviation Authorities on all scheduled and extra flights as per adopted procedures.
• Manages schedule changes resulting from different causes such as operational requirements, commercial reasons, airport slots approvals, or weather conditions, etc.
• Partners with Revenue Management on any cancellations, combining or addition of flights to ensure optimum utilization and profit; executes re-scheduling of flights and connecting flights, loads to system and communicates accordingly.
• Handles all communication related to scheduling and changes in certain emergencies or last minute updates.
• Coordinates and assists dispatch to manage flight schedule disruptions caused due to AOG or other unforeseen circumstances.
• Prepares charter agreements and quotations, plans, loads and executes schedules to accommodate charter and irregular flights based on agreed plan, availability and airport approvals.
• Follows up on operations to ensure successful delivery.
• Works closely with Engineering Planning / maintenance teams to finalize scheduling of aircrafts for maintenance ensuring smooth checks with minimal disruption.
• Co-manages the maintenance schedules of the different types such as the A (1-10 days/regular check) and C (above 750 hours/major check), depending on flights schedules, and aircraft availability.
• Manages the short-term fleet planning and distribution of aircrafts among the assigned hubs based on approved plan, agreements with civil aviation authorities, and airports’ approval in the corresponding hub/destination.
• Partners with Country Managers, Legal and Commercial Departments to execute the plans effectively ensuring maximum utilization of aircrafts.
• Maintains an accurate and up-to-date database and documents control of all function-related contacts, agreements, schedules, documents, certificates, etc.
• Establishes/ maintains communication with all free-schedule publishing mediums to ensure Air Arabia’s schedules are widely distributed and updated on regular basis.
• Coordinates with support teams, mainly Information Technology and ISA, on systems-related matters such as testing, integration, update, etc.