In this role at JPL, you will be a Project Schedule Analyst (PSA) and a member of the Project Controls Section. You will report administratively to the Project Schedule Controls Group Supervisor. The PSA will serve as an integral partner in the project business team. The PSA will be accountable for business team results on multifunctional projects/assignments.
- Interfaces with colleagues or functional partners outside own organization on a frequent basis, including sponsoring organization and/or industry partners
- Creates and maintains schedules for project components/elements in an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and monitors cost/schedule baseline integrity
- Identifies and communicates any anomalies in the schedule data, and works with the support of the project team to mitigate these issues.
- Occasional travel to sponsoring organization and/or subcontractor facilities may be required.
- Performs schedule analysis to ensure the schedule has accounted for all required elements, and that deliverable relationships are accurately defined, including slack analysis and the extraction of various schedule-related data (e.g. project receivable/deliverable data, baseline vs. actual activity count data, etc.)
- Contributes in the preparation of project /line schedule reviews and standard presentations, which include critical path analyses, schedule integrity assessment, schedule status inputs, preparation of slack tables required for monthly / quarterly reporting.
- Develops the detailed project schedule, the project critical path, and vertical traceability through all required elements and major milestones using MS Project.
- Updates current schedule plans through the collection and analysis of schedule information and forecasted completion dates.
Qualification & Experience:
- Works independently on important assignments and projects with only limited supervision, typically receiving only general instructions with all levels of program/project management, technical organizations, subcontractors, other NASA centers, and Sponsor.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to schedule planning
- Extensive understanding and wide application of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in project schedule development, Critical Path methodology, earned value, and the development of cost/schedule integration.
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree with 3 years professional hands-on experience in project scheduling
- General experience using Microsoft Project and Kidasa Milestones Pro software
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A