Primarily responsible for working with customers interested in identifying and obtaining permanent FHA/VA and conventional mortgage loans and other residential mortgage programs that best meet the customer’s financial needs and objectives, and adhering to the requirements of federal registration under the SAFE Act.
- Regularly works at a bank facility, but may be required to travel to and work at prospective customers’ homes or business locations. Follows-up on potential customers via travel or telephone.
- Independently monitors trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
- Ensures lending compliance with all origination procedures including bank policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Represents the bank in the community and related functions to identify, develop and promote additional business. May present seminars to general public and real estate agents to promote additional business and community outreach.
- Makes recommendations to customers regarding other bank products or to alternative lending vehicles, as needed.
- Determines which products best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances and advises potential borrowers regarding the advantages and disadvantages of different financial products and the most appropriate mortgage loan programs.
- Independently assesses applicant’s credit worthiness. Has authority to issue pre-qualification statement of borrowers’ eligibility.
- Advises management on effective compliance strategies and potential modifications to corporate operating policies where appropriate to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
- Interviews applicants to collect and analyze information regarding their income, assets, debts and credit data as well as their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loan with mortgagors. Has authority to bind the bank in connection therewith.
- Cultivates new mortgage business. Markets, services and promotes the bank’s mortgage products. This includes the solicitation of residential first mortgages through contacts with Realtors, builders, and developers.
- In lieu of a degree,
- Thorough knowledge of FHA/VA regulations, conventional loan requirements and real estate law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of personal computers and software programs utilized by Residential Mortgage Department
- Ability to work under critical time constraints.
- Technical Skills
- A combined minimum of 4 years higher education and/or relevant work experience, including a minimum of 2 years sales experience.
- Associates degree and 2 years sales experience,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to follow through on details to completion.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Proven sales ability.
- Self-motivated, well-organized individual.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all income levels and peers in a professional manner.
Company: M&T Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Silver Springs, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A