This position is an integral role within M&T’s Mortgage Bankruptcy team that will execute day to day functions including the creation of proof of claim forms, review of bankruptcy plans, responding to attorney requests, monitoring for objections and responding timely to any objections, reviewing for removal criteria and ensuring that the loans are coded appropriately at time of bankruptcy removal as it relates to both collection efforts as well as credit bureau reporting.
- Apply funds in suspense before removing from bankruptcy.
- Verify no additional funds came in from the borrower after relief effective date. Contact attorney to confirm if relief order needs to be cancelled.
- Prepare figures for Proof of Claims and 410A History.
- Work daily to determine the status of the bankruptcy case. Review for case conversions and notify specialists when necessary.
- Complete write offs when fees aren’t included in the proof of claim.
- Monitor queue in court monitoring system for any dismissals or discharges. If removed from bankruptcy for relief of stay, monitor the case to be dismissed or discharged and notify the credit reporting agencies.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Review fees and costs incurred in bankruptcy to verify if recoverable from the borrower. Reclassify fees as either recoverable or non-recoverable as needed. Ensure invoices from outside law firms are submitted timely using invoice management. Review for incorrect relief dates.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Monitor process management system for step completion and prepare stipulations for plan objections.
- Validate the bankruptcy plan review.
- Submit losses on M&T owned loans where the fee is not recoverable.
- Respond to attorney’s calls or emails regarding invoices and relief effective dates. Occasionally respond to customer calls.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Remove loans from the bankruptcy workstation to the general population, foreclosure or collections.
- Ensure proper codes and stops are on the account. Ensure demands are sent based on specific state criteria.
- Prior departmental experience.
- Proficient PC skills including word processing, spreadsheet and email software.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- 4 years’ Mortgage Default and/or Bankruptcy experience.
- Very strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of M&T Bank systems.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A combined 4 years’ experience and/or higher education, including a minimum of 2 years’ Mortgage Default and/or Bankruptcy experience.
- Motivated, team player with a positive and friendly attitude.
Company: M&T Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Getzville, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A