Manages all activities of a branch. Responsible for the overall success of the branch operating model, including customer and employee experience, digital engagement, transactions/operations, servicing, and sales. Has personal production responsibility.
- Responsible for overall profitability by directing sales and business development, meeting operational objectives and ensuring the branch achieves its annual goals.
- Leads team through coaching, performance management, and setting priority. Builds and develops branch staff.
- Identifies Retail and Business Banking customer needs through the M&T sales processes, using the tools and resources to assist customers with short and long term solutions.
- Proactively prospects and grows Business Banking relationships through outreach. Builds the bank’s presence in the community
- Conducts interviews and selects employees based on staffing model.
- Actively models and coaches customer service and needs determination behaviors. Reinforces and maintains accountability for execution of Retail strategy.
- Ensures operational and requirements are maintained, to include consumer and business banking guidelines. Ensures compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- Takes ownership of complex account servicing and error resolution issues, including those escalated by other Bankers. Provide coaching and guidance to improve and reduce future problem resolution/escalations.
- Engages with all team members and business partners as appropriate.
- Independently processes all Business Banking loan requests up to $100,000. Proactively bundle products and services as appropriate.
- Adheres to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promotes an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintains M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
- Exercises usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- M&T Way Certified
- Demonstrated sales/business development experience and success. Has fundamental understanding of profitability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and prioritization skills.
- M&T Business Banking Specialist within 18 months of hire.
- Ability to communicate and function professionally with all levels of personnel and business partners across the organization.
- Strong financial services product knowledge preferred.
- At Market Manager discretion/branch need, Life/Accident and Health Insurance licensing required within 18 months of entry into position.
- Note: branch provides training for licensing within 6 months.
- Proven ability to demonstrate and coach exceptional customer service.
- Experience With Internet And Email Preferred.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Business Banking products, services and client relationship management.
- Work with common PC software, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software for word processing and spreadsheets.
- Precision Leadership Certified Bi-lingual/Spanish preferred
Company: M&T Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A