Serves as advanced technologist for an individual technology or set of technologies.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Follow and promote use of industry best practices, standards and procedures.
- Regularly and independently interact with business partners of varying associate and management levels to ensure clarity of the problem/opportunity and elicit business requirements.
- Responsibilities may include infrastructure review, implementation, and design, creation of support and architectural documentation, standards, policies, analysis, and testing.
- Maintain a strong aptitude and working knowledge of Bank applications, systems, development environments. Maintain a detailed understanding of vendor technologies and services used by the Bank.
- Seek to expand knowledge and understanding of Financial Services trends, practices, and technologies on a continuous basis.
- Work closely with Technology management, senior Engineers, and support teams on a regular basis to implement and manage the design, development, and execution of technical solutions that meet or exceed current and future needs of the organization.
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineers, technicians, and integrators. Review documentation, proposals, and changes proposed by less experienced staff.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite.
- Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Coordinate vendor interactions and/or vendor resources as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced technical skills
- Able to solicit, gather, document, and analyze system specification and requirements
- Ability to use effective facilitation skills and techniques to elicit and review requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders and group size
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Understanding of how supported technologies interact with other systems and services
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others in team environment
- Effective influencing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum 6 years’ professional experience in a technical engineering position involving infrastructure design technologies, data management and interchange, system design and/or development for complex applications
- Advanced knowledge and advanced expertise in industry and/or vendor technologies
- Ability to translate complex business and functional requirements into structured high quality implementations using any variety of industry standard approaches
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
Company: M&T Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A