Specializes in our branch customer experience through lobby management, transactions, and servicing interactions for retail and business customers. Identifies walk-in customers’ needs through the Bank’s retail sales process to provide basic sales solutions for basic customer needs and/or refer complex customer needs to the appropriate team member/partner.
- Fluently use needs assessment to facilitate reactive account opening.
- Assist and stay current with the Business Banking AML/KYC/BSA process
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Transition service/sales consultation to account opening process
- Complete business account servicing request for research, disputes, loan payments, loan advances, collateral releases, wire transfers, official check request, statement request and credit inquires
- Open new Demand Deposit/Time Deposit/IRA accounts and explain the features, benefits and disclosures associated with each
- Complete Business Banking Customer Refresh Activities
- Educate customers on current bank processes, solutions, deposits and other convenience services/available channels
- Field inbound customer inquiries and provide solution-based recommendations
- Explain features and benefits of solutions (e.g. credit cards, overdraft line of credit, installment loans) and have basic knowledge of when it is an appropriate solution
- Review, approve and help resolve customer Business Banking Customer overdrafts
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Assist business customers with deposit and loan servicing needs. Build a rapport with new clients.
- Perform retail transactions.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Explain at a high-level criteria used to decision loan applications
- Introduce business Banking Partner when servicing need represents and opportunity for a product solution
- Well-organized individual with time management and prioritization skills, with ability to work under critical time constraints in a team environment.
- Proficient with internet user-level technology
- Ability to read fine print
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with varying customers (consumer to small business) and to effectively handle difficult customer conversations.
- Ability to interact with customers in an open face-to-face work environment
- Ability to lift light to heavy objects weighting 5 lbs. to 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Prolonged use of hands and fingers
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of 1 year proven retail sales, call center, customer service, or telesales experience.
Company: M&T Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A