Ministry of Justice
The role of the Project Support Officer covers a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the project’s objectives. The Project Support Officer enables the smooth running of the project by supporting the Project Manager through the operation of project management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities on their behalf.
- Raise purchase orders and approve invoices.
- Maintain an accurate asset register for the project;
- Manage and approve time sheets as required;
- Assist with and maintain appropriate systems to enable effective planning and scheduling;
- Support the Project/Senior Project Manager to ensure effective project communications plans are developed and delivered.
- Maintain records of spend against budget and inform the Project/Senior Project Manager if that spend rises above expectations.
- Assist with the monitoring of project spend and contribute to the compilation of budgets;
- Organize key project meetings, and provide secretariat support.
- Produce and maintain Plan on a Page (POAP) and where necessary traditional Waterfall Microsoft Project Plans.
- Support the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager to manage schedule and resource dependencies and conflict between initiatives;
- Responsible for project file management using robust version control;
- Analyzing and evaluate information received from project(s) from the range of reporting sources;
- Manage the end-to-end procedures relating to all aspects of the project life-cycle;
- Identify and resolve problems, referring more complex and difficult issues upwards;
- Assist the Programme/Project Manager(s) with drafting documentation/ reports as required;
- Be responsible for developing and managing project tracking, control and reporting arrangements;
- Manage and maintain RAID logs, escalating as appropriate;
- Monitor the delivery of work packages and projects against plans, chasing and challenging progress as appropriate;
- Work with the Project/Senior Project Manager to produce Statements of Work;
- Provide updates for regular reports on top risks and issues.
- Provide secretariat for any third-party supplier meetings and engagement sessions including arranging meeting invites, booking venues, capturing key actions and taking minutes etc
- Assist with the support and maintenance of “best practice” in Programme/Project processes.
- Assist in maintaining project controls and in producing project reports;
- Reporting to the allocated Project Manager/Senior Project Manager
- Ensure all expenditure commitments and all payments are properly authorized, controlled and monitored in accordance with relevant programme and departmental procedures;
- Keep Jira/Confluence pages up to date.
- Act as the focal point for project responses to external requests for information;
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of building productive relationships with internal and external Stakeholders such as Delivery Managers, Project Managers and Programme Managers.
- Sound reporting experience with the ability to analyse and present project information to enable and inform decision making.
- Experience of identifying and managing risk, issues and dependencies in a complex project environment
- Previous experience working as a Project Support Officer in a complex project environment.
- Ability to work to tight timescales, managing priorities and ensuring delivery of quality products;
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Sound planning experience with the ability to create effective plans to support effective delivery.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Blackwood, Wales, UK
Application Deadline: N/A