Play a critical role in ensuring robust finance operations and adequate reporting oversight in a highly regulated mobile financial services industry. You will setup the team, define processes, controls and execute the daily finance operations activities to support internal and external stakeholders.
- Transaction processing and settlement – Ensure effective settlement of transactions with partner banks, remittance partners and merchants. Provide support to ops team to investigate and close pending transactions
- Float management – Ensure accounts are adequately funded to perform remittance and other transactions. Manage treasury to ensure surplus funds are monetized properly
- Forex Management – Ensure adequate coverage and margin from international remittances
- Reconciliation – Daily reconciliations to promptly identify incomplete/incorrect transactions and take remedial action to ensure customer and merchant satisfaction and avoid revenue leakage
- Operational reporting – Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reports exist for all relevant activities, trends, revenues in the mobile money structure.
- Regulatory reporting – Ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance reporting of local and international transactions as required to be fully compliant with AML and regulatory guidelines
- Setup a finance operations manual covering end-to-end processes and controls
- Gain certification for above processes from auditors, industry and external regulator
- Manage team of finance operations, treasury and reporting personnel to conduct all processes
- Focal point for queries from regulator, banking partners and remittance partners
- Supervise bi-annual Mobile Money budget preparation and monthly P&L reporting activities
- Accountable for all financial reporting. Support external auditor to certify the financial results of the mobile financial services subsidiary
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.