Ministry of Justice
HMCTS is looking for an experienced Interaction Designer to develop simple, clear digital services that help citizens and staff who interact with the Courts and Tribunals service.
You will determine the best way for users to interact with services, the overall flow and individual design elements. You will develop design concepts, create and iterate these designs working within agile teams.
You will make good design decisions and contribute to the development of design concepts. You will be comfortable using evidence, data and research to back up your decisions.
You will actively participate in cross-government design groups and activities.
- Mapping user journeys and visualising design problems
- Identifying, developing and using best practice and standards to design services consistent with the rest of government and HMCTS
- Creating prototypes and concepts to communicate and test ideas with users and improving with evidence
- Collaborating within a multi-disciplinary team on large, complex services by facilitating the design process and participating in research activities, workshops and communicating design decisions to the team and stakeholders
- Advocating for users and understanding user needs to design simple, effective and accessible services
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of participating in workshops and discussions and facilitating the design of the service through collaboration with other professions
- Experience of delivering against tight timescales and demonstrating a proactive approach to managing risks as they emerge
- Experience with working in an agile environment and with development teams
- Sketching, concept creation and designing prototypes at different levels of fidelity
- Ability to analyse the root cause of problems
- Understanding user needs, participating in research activities and interpreting user research to inform design
- Using your knowledge of visual and interaction design to create usable, accessible and responsive user interfaces
- Experience working in complex change environments
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bristol, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A