Job description / Role
Our client, a well known defense company based in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, UAE, is currently looking for a Military Training Operations and Support Supervisor who will be responsible for all range related and weapons & ammunition within the RTC premises. The job holder will being-charge of the Training Operations Support team, who consist of the Gunsmith, Range Operators, Role Players, Carpentry and the Range Cleaners. He will be the client point of contact for all training support requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Collect the clients’ requests and setup the range to meet the daily training needs.
• Supervise their work and ensures quality output. (Q)
• Instruct the Training Operations Support personnel their duties, to meet the clients’ requirements.
• Check the range before every training activity if it is as per the client requirement, and check if the weapons and ammo. they requested for is supplied.
• Supervise the training activity from time to time, and stay in the vicinity to attend to any further client requests or incidents.
• In case of any incident follow the policies and procedures and notify the Emergency Response Team.
• Inspect the range after the training and instruct the team to restore it.
• Ensure the weapons and remaining ammo. are secured in the vault.
• Instruct the carpentry team the to build the windows, window frames, doors, door frames etc. and to install them.
• Get the range technicians and cleaners to clean the range from time to time, ensuring their safety.
• Obtain reports or records from the teams to acquire updates and access the performances against set targets
• Issue reports to the Camp Manager on regular intervals, to keep him posted on all activities.
• Manage the budget and procurement of the department.
• Coordinate new range or training requirements with the HQ – Range Technical Team.
• Overlook the weapons, ammo. and range related spare parts & tools inventory.
• Discuss, plan and execute HSE and Security related matters with the HSE Supervisor and Head of Security respectively.
• Review the Range and Training related policies and procedures
• Acquire regular client feedback and ensure they are satisfied with the Range and Training Support service your team provides.