Who are we and what we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company that is passionate about its people. Our people vision says, Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. We are proud to promote purpose, diversity, inclusion, learning and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work and we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
The marine services business manager will provide customer service to our installed base for the Middle East and North Africa.
You will ensure that the best service is being offered to our customers and any issues are resolved timely and effectively. You will monitor , coordinate, prioritize, and optimize resources. You will be Business developer to develop our portfolio of customers and activities
Your Role – Magic happens when you bring great people together!
- Working with our tender teem (back office) to produce the offers, you will develop, implement, and manage service and operations set-up for new products and services a nd service works for the installed base to ensure all required technical service activities are performed and delivered to the customer and KPIs are achieved.
- You will act as the link between customer, country Field Service Technicians and our Marine Department including projects, quality, Global Marine Service, supply chain and sales.
- You will manage ongoing marine service activities.
- You will develop, build, and manage technical offerings to our marine customers. These offers include replacement and modernization of electrical distribution systems, equipment, service and preventative maintenance on electrical power systems, power supplies, variable frequency drives, automation systems.
In addition, The marine services business manager will be responsible for :
- Organization, coordination and management of maintenance and repair activities.
- You will support supervision and management of fault clearance and repair services.
- You will plan and schedule preventive maintenance activities and provide yearly project management plan.
- You will manage analysis of failures and coordination and supervision of fault clearance and repair services.
- You will be responsible for supervision and management of the technical and commercial contractual obligations.
- You will ensure KPIs and report KPIs to BU Marine (Real Time Dashboard).
- You will supervise fulfillment of different contract level including availability contracts and will oversee installed base information including warranty periods.
- You will support country field service and Marine BU with spare part management.
- You will record summary of the key events during the operational year.
- You will supervise and manage commissioning support from service side. He will ensure that commissioning and start-up issues are resolved from service side timely to meet schedule.
- You will coordinate with the project team and field service in commissioning planning.
- You will also support offer preparation for service jobs and one-offs.
- You will define third-party support policy and will negotiate and manage contracts.
- You will ensure quality level and follow up of KPIs with our partners.
- You will support with the creation of the ROC and build a dedicated Marine service set-up and operations team.
- You will build effective liaisons inside SE to manage the regional operations center from implementation to ongoing service operations.
- You will define, implement, and manage a service back-office.
- You will define, implement, and manage a service call center and monitoring center.
- You will also define, implement, and manage service processes and proper contractual management.
- You will lead process improvement initiatives and implementation of improvement measures.
- You will develop and implement clear and defined processes for customer communication management. Moreover,
- The marine services business manager will provide value added consulting to clients including spare parts plans, equipment upgrades and additional services.
- Will assist sales team in service pricing and service offering. Furthermore,
- The marine services business manager will identify customer needs that can be met SE services and will work with the marketing and sales team to make these sales.
- Report to, and assist, Marine business director, with day-to-day leadership of technicians, technical tender engineers, and operations project manager
- Act as a role model and leader for service technicians providing them with expertise and guidance
- Build on and maintain technical knowledge and troubleshooting capabilities of product offerings
- Work directly with customer engineers on technical solutions for marine vessels power systems
- Improve first time fix rate of product service
- Act as lead on major commissioning projects working with execution and engineering teams to coordinate and execute project
- Support technicians by phone and email as well as with the different marine tools.
- Support customers and technicians on the site if necessary with deep technical root cause analysis and failure verification
- Work as a trainer, prepare and run training sessions on marine offer
- P erform Site Audits if necessary and needed and provide expert reports
- Perform root-cause analysis to support Quality with 8D reports
- Act as a key person to drive continuous improvement into the existing offer and provide input to the development team of the new offer
- Work directly with Schneider factories regarding custom “engineer to order” product offerings to fit specific customer needs
- Collaborate actively to field services improvement, enhance customer satisfaction
- Analyze RFQs (Request For Quotation) and prepare costing as per standard process and tools.
- Prepare offer documentation consistent with validated data provided by commercial support sales & opportunity team within ERP.
- Perform simple risk analysis. Offers can be either stand-alone local tender (Cat. C) or internal sub-contractor of solution/more complex tender.
- Analyze reasonably complex RFQs (Request For Quotation) within core business and with few unreleased contents and prepare costing as per process and tools.
- Prepare offer documentation consistent with Delegation of Authority, validation in ERP.
- Perform advanced risk analysis.
- Support the Opportunity Leader during customer negotiations and closing of the deal.
- Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure its completeness.
- Ensure that clarifications are raised well in time to get better clarity on bid submission.
- Clear understanding of work scope & best estimation with respect to execution of project.
- Responsible for review/preparation of service contracts and offers in collaboration with service offer team.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details.
- Responsible for all tender documentation
- Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be including referring the location of supplementary information.
- Ensure the Indirect Cost Estimate is correctly prepared and costed.
- Bid Evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare / Review the preparation of the construction schedule, providing manhours and equipment requirement for each activity and also ensure correctness to capture anticipated durations and manning.
- Take lead to manage the identification, evaluation and ranking of risks as well as developing a strategy to manage and mitigate the risks to Company.
- Work directly with tender engineering teams with the preparation of a list of clarifications and qualifications to the proposal.
- Ensure that Clients pricing and technical tender schedules are complete and accurate.
- When requested, carry out peer review of estimates compiled by others, checking for completeness, pricing accuracy and adequate manning and resource requirements.
- Maintain Lessons Learnt database from existing projects.
- 2 to 5 years in business developpment in front office position
- Technical background on electrical distribution
- Fluent in English and arabic