The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is a field-based Medtronic Gastrointestinal & Hepatology (GIH) sales position. This individual will call on healthcare organizations, primarily hospitals, in a defined geographic area. The SAM will serve as a customer facing product expert primarily responsible educating physicians and nurses on the clinical advantages of the entire GIH product portfolio. The position is focused on expanding the utilization of GIH products through market development and sales-oriented activities. Additionally, the SAM is required to continually develop their clinical knowledge to serve as a product expert for the company. By doing so, they can convey information in an effective manner to help support optimal utilization of the full product portfolio to the widest range of health care providers.
- Provide solution-oriented strategies to facilitate product adoption and accelerate sales growth.
- Educate physicians and clinical personnel on use of GIH products.
- Thoroughly understand product line features, benefits and proof sources.
- Collaborate with cross-functional counterparts and extended sales force by consistently communicating and sharing best practices.
- Establish excellent relationships with all healthcare professionals and physicians in their territory. Specifically, noted, gastroenterologists, endoscopic surgeons, interventional radiologists, HPB surgeons, administrative and lab personnel where procedures are performed or influenced.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas by driving incremental product adoption through delivery of clinical knowledge primarily focused on the Gastrointestinal (GI) tract and Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) anatomy.
- Routinely see all customers within the assigned geographic area.
- Routinely update sale actions plans and forecasts.
- Successfully launch new devices developed or acquired by the organization in the assigned territory.
- Develop a thorough understanding and the ability to communicate the reimbursement environment for all products.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated formal sales skills training, preferably from a Fortune 500 company.
- Bachelors degree required
- Medical device/equipment sales experience.
- Degree with emphasis in Life Sciences, Medicine, or related, technical field.
- Medical Device Sales
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience selling to physicians in a procedural setting.
- Good computer skills with specific skills in Microsoft Office: Power point, Excel, and Word.
- Established business planning and forecasting experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with all functional partners.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Minimum of 3 years of field sales experience and working knowledge of company products and services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Providence, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A