The Product Manager, US Downstream is an essential member of the Medtronic ENT Marketing team, reporting to the Global Downstream Marketing Director. In this role, you will have the responsibility and authority to work as the lead and primary contact to create and implement marketing plans and tactics that support the company’s business strategies related to our Head and Neck product line growth.
- Assist in medical education strategy for the existing procedural areas and any adjacent areas
- Provide a central point of contact for field sales needs including marketing communications, collateral, training, presentations, etc.
- Gather detailed information, analysis and investigation to overcome problems and issues faced regarding product marketing
- Travel requirement: 25-50%
- Develop effective promotional, educational campaigns and sales materials.
- Represents organization as a primary contact for downstream marketing activities for assigned product lines
- Conduct competitive product analysis and market research of product consumer behavior and professional audience
- Prepare forecasts and short-range budgets for product lines
- Work effectively with team and other departments in order to ensure necessary support and input to projects.
- Establish and maintain active and collaborative relationships with customers and sales personnel
- Provide input into the long-term platform lifecycle, including analyses to support product line changes: ex new product development or acquisition or discontinuation
- Develop competitive strategies and tactics to grow market share
- Build KOL network to help further the goal of gaining customer insights that will drive core product penetration and give feedback for new product commercialization
- Maintain product, competitive product, and market knowledge for dissemination to the sales group and senior management
- Uncover and reveal to the organization customer insights based on market research, fieldwork, prior experiences, input from colleagues, clinical reading, interaction with both university and general practice surgeons, interaction with scientists outside of the traditional clinical areas, and analysis of market trend reports.
- Support upstream product development by gathering customer insights and feedback on current products
- Define the direction for current product marketing, processes, standards, or operational plans based on business strategy
- Lead launch efforts for new products and line extensions. Create and execute communication plan and promotion strategy. Identify customer segments and create targeting prioritization.
- Execute global marketing strategies, planning and coordination for Medtronic ENT’s product lines that build Medtronic’s market penetration in the US. Develop messaging, positioning, and pricing strategies for our Head and Neck portfolio
- Collaborate with global marketing partner to develop business plans and drive/ support regional business results through collaboration on launches, regulatory approvals, training and other region specific needs.
- Assist with due diligence and integration activities in acquisition processes as needed
- Work closely with Sales and Med ed to implement marketing plans
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to travel within the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Medical device background strongly preferred
- Ability to multi-task while working in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, nursing or engineering, or Masters’ degree with a minimum of 2 years.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience in marketing, sales, product management and/or consulting
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A