This role is responsible for strategically leading the Regional RMS sales organization. Develop and implement a business strategy to accomplish the revenue and profitability of RMS within the region. Accountability for recruitment, assessment, development, and retention strategies for regional field personnel. Builds, grows and leads a best-in-class sales organization. Coordinates sales activities across the assigned region to enhance the customer experience and drive revenue goals.
Manage and implement the necessary change management strategies in areas such as talent management, territory alignment, sales and sales management practices. Work under the leadership of the Director of Sales and Marketing in conjunction with the Health System Strategies (HSS) organization and other shared services within Medtronic of Canada to create and execute long term strategies that will drive the full potential of the RMS business in the Canadian healthcare market.
Responsible to train and coach Account Managers and Clinical Specialist to bring focus, excellence in execution as well as being an agent of change to ease the introduction of new value proposition within the marketplace. Lead business development initiatives and support marketing manager in their daily tasks.
- Lead, guide, and coach direct reports to set and achieve business targets, improve selling and negotiation skills and productivity, implement effective account strategies and tactics and build sustainable customer relationships.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a sales team in order to implement the organization’s overall sales strategy for an assigned region/district/geography.
- Maintain a high degree of customer contact/interaction in an attempt to enhance the customer experience, build customer understanding of corporate vision and goals and supporting local team in strengthening relationships.
- Assesses need for the addition of new selling programs and processes, conducts competitive analysis, and implements strategies.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the client base.
- Proactively identify changes in health care, delivery systems, and reimbursement. Take appropriate action to minimize the impact to the business.
- Responsible for reporting complaints and Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
- Hire, develop, and retain field personnel for the sales organization. Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct management and support staff through field visits, observation, and measurement of results. Provide coaching and performance evaluations for direct staff and ensure these practices are implemented effectively throughout the organization. Effectively allocate resources to meet established short and long term goals.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all key account personnel and relevant functions in order to support selling, market development, service efforts and clinical programs.
- Coaches sales representatives on the technical aspects of the organization’s products and services; on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Develop annual and strategic sales plans for the region to meet revenue, margin, profitability, and market penetration goals. Develop and manage sales forecasts and revenue plans.
- Identifies opportunities and develops new programs to meet the organization’s sales plans to increase market share.
- Ensure that the company’s ethical position is maintained and effectively communicates and manages the company business conduct policies. Ensure the field is educated and understands and ensures adheres Medtronic operating policies, including the Business Conduct Standards.
- Develops and/or implements business strategies for existing and potential accounts.
- Plans, directs, and monitors the activities of a sales team within a specified region/district/geography to achieve established sales targets.
- Ensure that Medtronic’s ethical position is maintained and effectively communicates and manages the compliance, education and adherence of the regional cardiovascular team to all Medtronic operating policies, Business Conduct Standards, systems and processes.
- Manage the daily frontline, customer-facing operations of RMS. Together with internal partners, deliver needed Service and Support to clinical customers. Manage customer related Field Actions/recall activity, optimize Inventory levels.
- Partner with appropriate cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Service, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, and clinical staff to implement strategies and tactics to address issues and meet goals. With Marketing, formulates sales and marketing plans and programs to achieve business goals.
- Strategically coordinates sales activities and develops and ensures execution of programs across region to enhance the customer experience and drive revenue goals and optimize the service and support activities by leveraging all available technologies to improve it at better cost.
- Partner with the Sales Training and Development function and Marketing to implement sales training initiatives and ensure that field personnel receive adequate training.
- Effectively monitor and control expenses to ensure the organization meets financial goals established by the organization.
Qualification & Experience:
- Financial acumen
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales and leadership experience, with bachelor’s degree or;
- Knowledge of PHSA and AHS organizations necessary
- Bilingual English / French
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Selling to c-suite
- Bachelor’s degree, or; Advanced degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant sales and leadership experience, with advanced degree
- Degree in health science (RT, Nursing etc) or business preferred
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to all 4 westerns provinces
- Change Management training and experience
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Healthcare system is critical
- Leadership – ability to positively influence others
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, CA
Application Deadline: N/A