Black Pearl Management & Human Resource Consulting LLC
Our client, a semi-government hospital, is currently looking for a Medical Coder Emirati national, to be based in Abu Dhabi. For this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assign ICD9 / ICD10 CM Diagnosis codes, CPT4, and HCPCS codes per HAAD / DHA Guidelines, and other coding conventions.
- Review the Medical Records to assure specificity of diagnosis, procedures and appropriate I optimal reimbursement for hospital charges.
- Apply the appropriate coding guidelines for assignment of the primary diagnosis and co-morbidities using ICD9-CM or ICD10-CM for outpatient, inpatient, day care and day surgery accounts.
- Apply the appropriate guidelines for assignment of primary and secondary procedures using CPT and HCPCS codes for outpatient, inpatient, day care and day surgery accounts.
- Assign the appropriate Evaluation &; Management codes.
- Abstract required demographic and statistical data from each patient record.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the content of the electronic medical record for both inpatient and outpatient accounts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the physician query process and appropriately queries when documentation is incomplete or ambiguous.
- Demonstrate appropriate analysis of electronic medical record documentation for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Abstract the clinical information from patient EMR and assign appropriate diagnoses with ICD9-CM I ICD10-CM codes to support the denied claims.
- Query physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for resubmission purposes.
- To perform any other duty as required by the line manager or supervisor that commensurate with the post.
To be considered, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in any health science related course / Training certificate in Medical coding
- Most relevant coding certification with updated membership to a body as accepted by the geographical governance area
- Relevant experience of at least 1 year in medical coding.
- Should at least have basic knowledge of Evaluation and Management services. Prior hands-on experience would be an added advantage.
- Experience in UAE coding will be an added advantage.
To view other vacancies we have, please check our website (www.blackpearlconsult.com) and follow us on our social media accounts – LinkedIn/Facebook /Twitter/Instagram
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office at +9712 622 55 03 or drop us a message on our website – (www.blackpearlconsult.com.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.