1. Perform molecular biological procedures (from field-collected samples like blood, tissue, biopsy, microbes, etc.), including DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, library preparation, and sequencing (and all associated reagent preparation).
2. Monitoring sample quality from reception through nucleic acid extraction to sequencing
3. Understanding and execution of sequencing library preparation protocols using both manual and automated liquid handling systems.
4. Handling and maintenance of short-read sequencers from either Illumina and/or MGI platforms
5. Perform and oversee high-quality library generation for genomics workflows.
6.Adheres to QA/QC policies and procedures required in a clinical sequencing lab
7.Maintaining SOP (standard operation procedures) and Quality Control tests are maintain within all sections
8.Troubleshoot problems with experiments, protocols, and instruments.
9.Coordinate team members to ensure proper integration of data and workflow
10.Complying with all safety, health, and quality control programs and procedures as applicable
Skills and Competencies Required:
1. Wet lab experience in the entire NGS workflow, from library preparation to sequencing.
2. Experience in DNA and RNA extractions from a variety of sources is a plus.
3. A solid understanding of current GLP and/or ISO/CAP/CLIA standards
4. Extensive expertise in Molecular Biology techniques (e.g., PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, DNA/RNA extraction quantification) and Genomics Library Generation (e.g., Genome, Exome, RNA-Seq, Amplicon-Seq, Capture-Seq, ATAC-Seq, ChIP-seq, scRNA-seq) and Sequencing Methods
5. Ability to work independently and as a team member.
6. Ability to prioritize tasks, set deadlines, and adapt to shifting priorities in response to changing deadlines and needs of the lab.
7. Ability to function with speed, precision, and an understanding of the theory behind protocols and experiments.
8. Excellent organizational and ENGLISH communication skills
9. Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to supervise and train scientific staff.
Education and Licenses/Registration:1. Ph.D. in Life Sciences, Genomics, Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, Genetics or related fields with next-generation sequencing experience2. Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree holder with NGS experience are also welcome3. Current license/registration from Home country or DHA/MOH License4. Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in Next-Generation Sequencing is preferred5. Vast knowledge in Human (Genetic/Chronic) diseases would be an advantage
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.