About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Mechanical Commissioning Engineer to join the WSP PMC team and carry out mechanical commissioning on a large high-rise project in Qatar ensuring a seamless handover.
A typical week would include:
- Conduct all installations checks prior to pre-commissioning activities
- Carrying out pre and post commissioning checks for all mechanical installations
- Completing check lists provided by immediate supervisor
- Preparing site reports (related to progress of testing and commissioning activities)
- Understand the requirement for performance testing of systems/equipment and ensure that the performances are matching project documents
- Understand testing and commissioning method statements
- Understand the test and commissioning plans
- Insist for testing calibration of testing and commissioning equipment
- To handle and understand the testing and commissioning equipment
- Should know how to take readings from measuring instruments
- Should have knowledge to understand performance requirements of systems/equipment from
- Project Documents and ask for clarifications
- Coordinating with Contractors/testing and commissioning agencies
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registered member of Professional Institution
- 15+ years construction / commissioning experience on high rise projects in the Middle East
- Construction Management and PMC Project experience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong and sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical instrumentation
- Proven ability to perform key management and coordination role
- Sound knowledge of value engineering management
- Thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations
- Knowledge of current technology and its effective use on the project
- Manage the review of key milestone deliverables for completion in relation to quality of construction
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy – we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
WSP is one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.