As a Lead Hand, you’ll provide outstanding service to our members by providing a positive contribution to the DC. We have a full-time position available immediately for: Sunday to Thursday Days from 7:00 am to 3:15 pm. Also, we offer a competitive hourly wage, as well as a comprehensive benefits program.
- Manage and promote good attendance and ensure staffing punctuality.
- Ensure best practices for efficiency and quality are being followed by staff.
- Provide EDC staff training, in adherence to all policies and legislation.
- Assist DC Supervisors with the opening and closing of the EDC.
- Performs other related duties by the department as required.
- Operate power equipment including, pallet jacks, forklifts, reach trucks, and order pickers.
- Plan EDC staff workload and arrange staffing levels based on volume fluctuations.
- Cross-train in all EDC functions.
- Lead and collaborate on continuous improvement projects.
- Attend and lead daily start-up crew meetings.
- Assist EDC Supervisors with EDC staff performance reviews.
- Identify and communicate inventory nonconformities (Imbalances/damages).
- Promote a smooth operating, safe, secure place to work.
- Promote open communication, teamwork and employee engagement.
Qualification & Experience:
- Savviness with Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong leadership abilities. You’re generous with your knowledge and inspire your team members to grow.
- Shift flexibility; must be able to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
- You are mechanically oriented.
- Great communication skills – you listen first and then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing.
- Minimum 1-year experience working in a warehouse.
- You’re stoked on something: you love to run trails, log miles, play in the snow or do something outside every day.
- You can handle projects, lots of projects, at the same time while keeping cool.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burlington, CA
Application Deadline: N/A