- The Assistant Technical Designer is responsible for coordinating and monitoring portions of the garment technical development process from design development to production. They will also analyze and review merchandise for fit, construction, and overall quality.
- Team player who fosters collaboration and enjoys engaging with others for creative solutions
- Track, log in and measure samples for Technical Designers in preparation for fittings. Assist with garment / specification analysis as needed and acts as a support function in fittings.
- Execute with supervision seasonal Technical Design Special Projects utilizing PLM (Tradestone) Excel & Word.
- Analytical, grasping the big picture and understanding the details; how they support the development pipeline.
- Takes appropriate and timely action on individual tasks and projects to achieve objectives
- Maintain fit sample library through season and facilitate purge process at seasons end
- With supervision of Technical Designer review and prepare specifications, digital images and comments on designated styles.
- Assist Technical Designers in monitoring and maintaining fit, construction, and workmanship standards
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Skills: * Basic understanding of garment construction and basic patternmaking knowledge
- Possess strong written and verbal communication and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated planning, time management, and organizational skills
- Exposure to Adobe Illustrator drawing tool
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent business experience
- 1-3 years experience in the apparel industry
- Experience in Microsoft Office software
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Design
Job Location: Duluth, Minnesota, US
Application Deadline: N/A