Mattel’s Financial Reporting group is primarily responsible for the consolidation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results and actual data from business units, and preparing monthly financial statements for senior management, and quarterly and annually for filings with the SEC. This position reports to the department’s SEC Reporting Director.
- Prepare and Review SEC financial filings, including annual reports on Form 10-K and Form 11-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q, footnotes to the financial statements and Management Discussion and Analysis, and XBRL filings.
- Review and provide feedback on internal and external communications, including board presentations and investor relations earnings releases, scripts, and presentations.
- Review the monthly financial reporting package, including income statements, balance sheets, and various management reports and other analyses.
- Oversee the consolidation process, including the review of journal entries (e.g., share-based compensation, derivatives, and benefit plans) and coordinate with shared services and foreign affiliates to aggregate financial information.
- Prepare and review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package, including income statement and balance sheet analyses, and various management reports.
Qualification & Experience:
- CPA desired
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel . Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and Oracle is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree, Accounting or Finance or related is required
- The candidate should have strong leadership, decision making and technical skills.
Approximately 5+ years of experience at a “Big 4” public accounting firm, including significant SEC experience.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A