Job description / Role
This position will be on the payrolls of Action Hospitality. Action Hospitality is a group company of Air Arabia Group having interests in facility management & uniform distribution.
Monitors the garment drape, proportions and cutting as alterations are performed. Provides manufacturing expertise and textile limitation of garments for product development purposes, e.g., concept, fitting, quality test, wear test, construction examples. Sew sample garments for sales and marketing purposes.
Key Result Responsibilities
– Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurements tests; rejects and returns unacceptable materials
– Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducts visual and measurement tests; communicates required adjustments to production supervisor/manager.
– Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; calls for repairs.
– Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
– Maintains accurate and current account information on the customer.
– Match the product description on the order to the supplied material.
– Check the design # on the order making sure it matches the design # on the sequence sheet provided.
– Proofs and initials production sheets confirming accuracy.
– Performs other duties that support the tailoring unit, embroidery/heat press operations.
– Must maintain strict confidentiality and judgment regarding privileged information
– Monitors and inventories costume shop supplies.
– Labels and bar-codes costumes for long term storage.
– Makes patterns for facings and linings based on directions supplied.
– Maintains safe, healthy, clean and hazard free work environment by continuously monitoring fabric store, cutting room, and stitching floor, finishing, and packing sections.
– Immediately report all broken or malfunctioning equipment or safety hazards to the appropriate person for corrective action.
– Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complies with legal regulations.
– Support an environment of continuous improvement by making suggestions and implementing where possible.
Note – The role defined here is not exhaustive and duties and responsibilities in line with the job function may be added from time to time.