The Patient Services Coordinator II, under general supervision, provides administrative support to health care providers in a high-volume ambulatory setting, functioning as the primary interface between the patient and the providers. The emphasis is placed on the ability to organize priorities, complete tasks, manage confidential patient information , schedule patient appointments, diagnostic testing, referrals, and other managed care-related issues. Serves as an overall resource person for patients, families, and clinic staff.
- Triages and manages complex telephone calls, utilizing courteous customer service skills. Ensures that calls and/or messages are directed to and received by providers and support staff.
- Provides support and information to providers to problem-solve and manage complex administrative patient issues.
- Performs all check-in and -out functions, as outlined by the MGH/MGPO Front Desk Standards of Operations.
- Completely performs, and is a resource regarding, all revenue enhancement activities including, but not limited to, registration verification, co-payment collection, cash management, encounter form reconcilement, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy consistent with HIPAA guidelines.
- Assists with training and orientation of new administrative support staff, as needed.
- Understands financial services and self-pay resources and provides patients with information as needed.
- Provides cross-coverage for other practice PSC II for absences, vacations, etc. and during fluctuations in workflow, as needed.
- Performs the daily management of deposits and reconciliation.
- Understands all HMO, Managed Care, and other Third Party Insurers. Functions as a resource for patients regarding managed care plans, insurance, and referral issues, with an ability to perform electronic insurance verification.
- Schedules patient appointments and creates templates for visits and diagnostic testing, as required. Coordinates the scheduling of diagnostic testing in consultation with the provider.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and function as a resource to other members of the team. Ability to resolve complex issues on behalf of the providers and the patients.
- Minimum of 3 years secretarial experience or equivalent in a medical or healthcare related setting preferred.
- High School Diploma required.
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility to manage multiple tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of managed care and all other pertinent insurance/medical coverage.
- Demonstrated understanding of Disaster protocols to include: fire, safety and code calls, in accordance with the mandatory training, as outlined by MGH and Joint Commission guidelines.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Knowledge of computer skills necessary to use appropriate modules of EPIC and Microsoft Outlook.
- Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science/Business, or a Secretarial Training Certificate Program desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and courteously with various groups of patients, families, support staff, and providers.
- Good command of the English language, including medical terminology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HIPAA Confidentiality and Privacy Policies.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lowell, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A