Under general supervision, performs magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) studies using a magnetic resonance device that includes preparing patients, positioning, setting imaging parameters, performing computer processing and displaying images.Selects appropriate imaging protocol for patient studies. Performs quality assurance scans as required.Demonstrates the ability to work cohesively as a team member within the MRI Department.
- Communicates with Radiologist for protocol clarification when necessary.
- Performs point of care testing as needed.
- Ensures adherence to safety practices by all persons entering the MRI area.
- Instructs patients and visitors in MR safety procedures.
- Performs scheduled quality control procedures on MRI scanner and other related equipment. Records QA results as required. Reports any potential equipment related problems to supervisor as necessary.
- Inserts IV catheters as needed.
- Reviews outpatient and/or inpatient schedules to confirm exams have been protocoled and reviewed for potential contra-indications.
- Acts as final check point for patient safety and protocol clarification.
- Assists in the instruction of visitors and medical staff rotating through the area.
- Explains patient procedures, processing, equipment operation, safety practices, etc.
- Prepares for and performs intravenous injection of MR contrast agents including the use of the MR compatible power injector.
- Understands and can communicate the possible contraindications as well as monitor for and respond to adverse reactions to MR contrast agents.
- Records all information regarding contrast injections appropriately.
- Uses designated department protocols. If issues are observed within the designated protocol, reports them to the site supervisor and/or Quality Assurance Manager
- Must demonstrate the ability to provide appropriate care to various age populations
- Certificate :Graduate of an approved Medical Imaging program
- Mental/visual ability to operate complex electronic equipment and instrumentation and perform quality control procedures on equipment; ability to transfer patients to MR scan table and push table from prep room to exam room; must lift and transfer patients to stretchers, etc.
- Must be able to read, write and effectively communicate in English
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Associate’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Worcester, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A