Under the general guidance and direction of the CSPS Endoscopy Processing Manager, the Central Sterile Endoscope Processing Technician 2 independently performs all core job responsibilities in the Endoscope Sterile Processing Department. Core Sterile Processing functions include receiving, sorting and decontamination of flexible and rigid endoscopes as well as other reusable medical devices; inspection and packaging; identification of appropriate sterilization or high level disinfection method, cycle selection including completing appropriate documentation for all processes. The Central Sterile Endoscope Processing Technician 2 is responsible for obtaining and maintaining current CRCST or CBSPD certifications.
- Utilizes approved PPE as appropriate.
- Receives soiled, used, and/or contaminated equipment, surgical instruments, scopes, and supplies from Operating Rooms, patient care units, and specialized areas; documents arrival and cleaning process utilizing SPM.
- Disassembles items as needed before choosing appropriate cleaning method.
- Identifies items in need of repair upon receipt and ensures information is maintained during cleaning process.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate manual cleaning tools to achieve instrument decontamination, including but not limited to instrument brushes, enzymatic detergent, flushing devices, ultrasonic bath, leak tested
- Selects and utilizes appropriate automated cleaning tools to achieve instrument decontamination; this includes loading and selecting appropriate cycles on automated washers.
- Cleans work area by wiping area with antibacterial agent upon work completion or as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organization, operations, people management, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand medical terminology in order to follow written instructions and complete various forms and records regarding equipment processing and preparation of equipment.
- Must have working knowledge of computer programs; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and exposure to instrument tracking software. Existing knowledge of EPIC and SPM are preferred.
- Ability to multi-task is critical.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A