- Responsible for implementing Fraud Prevention & detection strategies in all parts of the Bank.
- Planning and managing financial investigations dealing with financial fraud, identification of monies and assets fraudulently obtained, identification and seizure of personal and business assets and works closely with Bank and law enforcement personnel and prosecutors. Leads and supervises a team of Fraud examiners in complex and sensitive fraud investigations.
- Application of Forensic skills, both Account and Computer in conduct of investigations to gather irrefutable evidence.
- Application of Interview and interrogation skills in investigations of staff.
- Prepare Investigation Reports clearly documenting various findings and financial impact of the fraud and identify/recommend process improvements.
- Minimize the risk of fraud through effective utilization of complex fraud detection tools.
- Recommend measures to reduce the risk associated with doing business, thus preventing financial/fraud losses, which subsequently impact the overall performance of the business
- Assists in the development of new training courses, updating and revising existing financial and fraud investigative instructional materials and techniques.
- Interviews third parties with officers to obtain documents and statements to use as evidence in criminal financial fraud cases, using interviewing and interrogation techniques.
- Establish/lead local fraud forums and form excellent relationships with counterparts in the Industry.
- Prepares Investigation reports clearly documenting the scope, findings, recommendations and process improvements in an Investigation.
- Tracks fraudulent transactions for use in court to establish evidence of illegal activity.
- On the cutting-edge in current trends in fraud and forensic investigations and serves as a quality-focused liaison between the Bank and the law.
- Plans financial investigations with other officers to obtain information and documents regarding financial fraud cases & large Investigations.
- Applies Forensic skills (Account & Computer) in conduct of investigations and gathering of evidence. Applies interview/
- Interrogation techniques during investigations.
- Manage and supervise a team of Fraud Examiners in an investigation to ensure effective and timely execution of assignments.
- Remains current on job-specific procedures, laws, rules and regulations through professional development courses, meetings, research and job-related publications.
- Implements Fraud Prevention/Detection strategies with the help of Fraud Risk Assessments, Automated Tools and Fraud Risk reviews.
- Creates written documents (e.g., monthly reports, statistical reports, legal correspondence, findings of fact, articles, etc.) to assist Head Fraud & Investigations in reviewing and preparing MIS/publications.
- Reviews various formal accounting records to document Fraud and provide investigative leads and to seize/forfeit assets.
- Written communication for both administrative and technical purposes. Oral communications in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Fraud & Auditing techniques. Analysis of financial documents & Advanced Accounting techniques.
- Multi-disciplinary capabilities: analytical, qualitative, and quantitative.
- At least 10 years’ experience of which at least 8 years in criminal fraud accounting investigations.
- Developing evidence related to accounting transactions.
- Strategic management skills and visionary qualities.
- Computers – specifically Automated fraud detection/data interrogation tools.
- Forensic accounting techniques. Developing evidence related to accounting transactions.
- Principles, theories, and practices of law enforcement court/ hearing, rules, records, procedures and protocol
Self-motivated & takes initiative.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting & Auditing, Criminal Justice, or related field and CA/CPA.
- A designation as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is preferable or should be acquired within 1 year of date of hire
Company: Mashreq Bank
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A