To effectively schedule and monitor deliveries to ensure products are delivered safely, efficiently, and at the greatest value to the customer and Marathon. Duties include fuel inventory monitoring, demand forecasting, route optimization, maximizing utilization of company assets, creation of corporate value, loading and delivery issue resolution, order processing, collaboration with stakeholders, delivery documentation management, metric tracking, contract compliance delivery status updates, and exceptional customer service.
- Provides customers with delivery status updates and delivery time estimates. Monitors scheduling database to ensure information is available to allow for accurate forecasting of deliveries. Oversees delivery schedules to ensure deliveries are executed timely and that sites maintain optimal inventory levels. Provide support to internal and external customers. Respond to customer requests for delivery information and investigate customer delivery complaints
- Maximize the profitability of company fleet assets by maximizing loaded miles, payload and equipment utilization. Optimize routes and create delivery schedules that produce the safest, most efficient and cost-effective logistical solutions. Manage the delivery process to ensure that deliveries are made in accordance with Fuel Transportation Agreements and the customer’s delivery requirements. Ensure adequate trucking resources are available to meet customer demand and that carrier sourcing obligations are adhered to.
- Processes incoming calls regarding delivery incidents and communicates vital information to key stakeholders for incident response. Participates in investigation of product quality inquires and delivery shortages. Assists with reconciliation and research of deliveries and fuel inventories. Responds to customer requests for delivery information and investigates customer delivery complaints. Provides instruction to carriers to resolve delivery issues and participates in the root cause review of the delivery issue investigation.
- Monitors contract volumes and supply allocation to ensure adequate product is available to load. Responds to unplanned supply disruption and terminal issues by providing carriers with loading instructions. Works with carriers, schedulers, and loading terminals to investigate and resolve loading issues. Provides notice to carriers of planned terminal and site downtimes. Perform analyses to ensure products are being sourced properly and that contracts obligations are being fulfilled.
- Ability to make responsible decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed oral and written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand documents, such as procedure manuals, reports, and correspondence. Ability to comprehend safety concerns and respond appropriately to protect personnel and company assets from physical and financial loss.
- Able to work day shift or night shift.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill to work effectively with others in order to coordinate activities and arrive at mutual decisions.
Company: Marathon Petroleum
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A