The Manager, School Operations is responsible to oversee all school group visits and delivery of school operations within a particular Zone at Expo. They will need to work closely with representatives of different departments within their respective zonal teams.
The Manager School Operations supports the Operational Head of School Operations in leading the operational readiness and delivery of Expo 2020. The role is a critical leadership position and will work with a number of internal business Functions, Departments, and external partners to ensure the delivery of exceptional Schools Operations at Expo 2020. The specific services and operational success factors for the Function are defined in the ‘Function on a Page’, within the overall ‘Function Operating Plan’ document, which may be updated from time to time.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting with ensuring the operational delivery of safe and seamless School Group visits for public and private schools from across the UAE;
- Manage the delivery of school group-related services by internal functional areas and external vendors ensuring compliance with the Expo 2020 Health, Safety and Assurance Standards, undertaking audits on an on-going basis;
- Support with production and implementation of a project management plan, identifying key tasks and milestones for the effective implementation of school operations during the planning and delivery phases of the event;
- Lead on the development and implementation of testing plans and requirements, to ensure readiness for receiving school group visits to the Expo site;
- Ensure delivery of consistently high levels of services to support with enticing repeat visitation from the school community;
- Work closely with the Expo School Programme functional team to ensure alignment on visitation numbers, and implementation of educational and entertaining school journeys;
- Responsible for supporting with leading the School Operations team to deliver the school group operations and services required by Expo 2020;
- Set daily operational priorities for the School Operations Function to run their day-to-day operations on-site (and off-site if applicable);
- Oversee the management of all aspects of staffing, training, and rostering within the School Operations Function (FTEs and contracted staff).
6+ years of experience in a senior position, working on a previous major (mega) event programme or leisure attraction:
- A Bachelors degree within a relevant field;
- Experience in supporting with leading large teams or organization’s and managing a significant number of projects;
- Ability to manage and work with multiple stakeholders internally and externally;
- Understanding of educational and operational requirements for UAE school field trips;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of key event operational functions and their dependencies on one another.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Energy and enthusiasm along with an ability to work calmly and purposefully under pressure.