Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
This role is responsible for maximizing the profitability of the Emerging markets Direct-To-Consumer business. In your role, you will be supporting the implementation of adidas DTC product strategies consistently across all EM clusters. The role will focus on the art aspect of merchandising to drive pre-season product planning processes hand in hand with the brand assortment planning team.
- Design the creation and implementation of an E2E DTC product go-to-market journey in partnership with key functions in hub & clusters
- Work hand in hand with the HUB assortment planning team in defining consumer centric product ranges
- Gather and provide detailed analysis and data to support pre-seasonal planning, buy-sign-off process and in-season tracking of aligned strategic direction
- Collaborate with clusters to develop concrete action plans to improve the overall product buy from a commercial perspective landing inline priorities, key moments & commercial opportunities
- Support the governance and timely execution of the seasonal commercial buy sign-off process in line with the DTC merchandising policy and Brand directives
- Contribute to the design of and implement a set of key Brick Mortar trading standards, including reporting, that help evaluate the business goals and ensure this is rolled out in the clusters
- Work with Director / Sr. Manager/ Fra sales managers in implementing product best practices to the franchise channel supporting sell in
- Support the enhancement of all product planning systems and tools, liaising with the Business Solution Team to meet world class best practices
- EM DTC Cluster teams
- EM Retail Operations
- EM & cluster SCM
- EM Finance
- EM Demand planning
- EM Hub BU, CTC assortment planning
- Business Units
- Global Merchandising
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent direct & indirect influencing skills
- Strong passion for product and the art of merchandising
- Strong trading mindset, with an entrepreneurial flair to maximize business opportunities
- Fluent in English
- Ability to present complex topics in a simplified and clear way to any audience
- Excellent attention to detail and analysis skills
- Strong work ethic willing to put long hours of work when required
- Advanced MS office skills (Advanced Excel skills is a must)
- Understanding of retail management system and back-office system
- Strong financial acumen and familiarity with retail math and KPIs
- Structured, process oriented at the same time approachable and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a diverse team, fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Functional skills in Retail/Merchandising/Buying in Own Retail and/or eCommerce environments.
- Knowledge of an Enterprise Reporting System (e.g. MicroStrategy) and/or ERP system is an advantage. Knowledge of Merchandising systems and processes is an advantage.
- Advanced user of MS Office suite of products
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree and/or commercial training in the area of Marketing, Retail, Economics, Marketing or Sales is preferred.
- Min 4 years of relevant functional experience in Retail/Merchandising/Buying
- Industry experience in Sports/Fashion/FMCG