We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Account Management – Merchant and commerce
The Merchant & Commerce team is looking for Manager (Merchant Account Management) to manage merchants in the quick-service restaurants segment in Eastern Europe Middle East & Africa. The successful applicant will have accountability to partner with and understand key customer priorities deeply, establishing and developing solid relationships with multi stakeholder groups, consistently innovating and problem-solving, establishing core business needs and matching these needs to Mastercard capabilities to support customer growth and differentiation.
We are seeking experienced professionals with retail industry, technology sales, management consulting and/or payments experience that can bring a technical aptitude to strategic problem-solving to address customer challenges and opportunities and drive relationship growth and profitability. This position is ideal for someone who is a collaborative thought leader, has strong project management discipline, has experience deepening relationships, understands financial ecosystem, its competitive landscape and operates proactively.
• Provide superior strategic account management driven by robust planning – building a deep understanding of customer needs, defining creative solutions to meet those needs, and working effectively across internal functions to bring together the resources required to deliver enhanced value to the customer
• Deepen relationship with key quick service restaurants and build holistic engagement across various business levels and level of seniority
• Identify and develop new business opportunities (with both existing and new customers) that provide the best potential for future business growth, and appreciable return on financial investments.
• Work with customers to build an in-depth understanding of their business and a point of view on how Mastercard solutions can address the needs of their business, leveraging internal stakeholders to efficiently move prospect through highly matrixed purchasing cycles
• Develop detailed business cases, including financial analysis/modeling, in support of defined initiatives
• Commercialize signed partnership deals
• Negotiate, execute and manage the customer contract agreement process, ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing
• Set sales strategies for assigned customer accounts and achieve goals that drive market share, volume and revenue growth
• Pipeline management at the account level
• Understanding and accountability for contractual obligations
• Provide customer with thought leadership and insights, leveraging Mastercard’s organization to pull together relevant and compelling content
• Understand relevant market trends, regulation, competitor activity and able to identify linkages for the customer
• Lead quarterly business reviews with senior stakeholders across Mastercard and our clients, to jointly align on performance and priorities.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.