NALS Apartment Homes
NALS Apartment Homes is a thriving, national Real Estate Investment Firm engaged in the acquisition, ownership, and management of multifamily apartment communities. Headquartered in Santa Barbara California, NALS is centered on our core values. Those of respect, teamwork, excellence, service to others and engagement are the foundation of our vibrant company culture.
At NALS, we embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth, and encourage our employees to share their unique skills, local knowledge, and professional expertise. Our team is the single most important ingredient to our success and we seek to foster a work environment as welcoming as our apartment communities. Please visit our website www.nals.com
Our success remains grounded in disciplined investing principles and a company culture of collaboration, innovation and excellence. Friendly and professional team members across the nation have chosen to spend their careers at NALS Apartment Homes.
What can NALS bring to the ideal candidate?
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with generous match, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- We value personal and professional growth and always seek to help our team members advance their careers at NALS
- Rental discounts for on-site personnel
- Employee referral program
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
This person is responsible for general day-to-day maintenance, all make-readies, and upkeep of the property. Works as a team participant along with the maintenance staff to ensure the community meets the quality maintenance standards set by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Maintenance Tech is to perform general maintenance to effectively maintain a desirable property appearance. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; plumbing, electrical repairs, carpentry, appliance repairs, glass replacement, screen repair and replacement, carpet cleaning, and painting. Maintenance Techs must cooperate with all departments in completing all tasks assigned.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for the following:
1. Ensure all service requests, callbacks, and/or work orders are performed properly and promptly.
2. Complete maintenance make-ready sheets assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
3. Turn vacant apartments including, but not limited to; painting, locks, light bulbs, garbage disposal, drawers, doors, smoke detectors, blinds, windows, drains, faucets, and toilets.
4. Clean and maintain pools and spas, including chemical testing and furniture cleanliness.
5. Clean and maintain property grounds. Remove trash and debris from all common areas.
6. Clean and maintain barbeque grills, if applicable.
7. Maintain work place and maintenance shop by keeping all areas clean and organized.
8. Respond to after hour calls and emergency situations such as sewer back-ups, flooding, fires, etc.
9. Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
10. Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned.
11. Maintain open communication with the Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Maintenance Tech must possess skills relating to all building systems. He/She must have knowledge and understanding of the unit turn process and be able to complete three to four units per week. He/She should be knowledgeable regarding repair and maintenance of the following: HVAC, Plumbing and Pool and Spa. Maintenance Tech must also be familiar with appliance repair, electrical repairs, and basic roofing repairs.
Machines, Tools and Equipment:
Must possess skills necessary to use all common hand and painting tools including rollers, brushes, screwdrivers, hammers, pliers, etc. and hand tools normally used in construction, maintenance or landscaping. Other power tools including, but not limited to, carpet shampoo machine, paint sprayer, power drain cleaner, key machine and all chemicals associated with maintenance and landscaping essential job functions. Utilize tools and supplies in a responsible and cost efficient manner.
Valid drivers’ license, good driving record along with current auto insurance may be required. It may be required to be certified to use pool chemicals and/or air conditioning refrigerant, depending on the property.
Working inside and outside in all types of weather. Must be able to lift and work heavy equipment. Medium to heavy work, requiring prolonged or repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum of 100 lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs. Good hand and eye coordination essential, including the ability to ascend and descend ladders and stairs, and perform repetitive/continuous tasks according to set procedures and sequences.
Dedicated…Motivated…Innovative…Team Player… These are just a few words to describe the ideal person to join our growing team at NALS Apartment Homes! A positive and upbeat attitude, integrity, a willingness to learn, and be service oriented are key qualities in the ideal candidate.
Our ideal candidate will have 1 – 2 years of apartment Maintenance Technician experience, with pool maintenance, HVAC, appliance and painting experience. 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. Compensation is $15 per hour. This career position is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking longevity and growth.
Facts & Figures:
- Founded in 1990, NALS has a proven track record of long term ownership and results
- Over 2 billion in assets owned and managed.
- Annual revenue over 200 million.
- Longevity – Over 80 of our 487 employees have been with us for over a decade.
- Regularly pursuing new acquisitions.
- 47 properties across 10 states.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.