A Leading Manufacturing Company in UAE
Job description / Role
Objectives: This position is responsible to ensure that the purchase activity of maintenance, repair, operations and packaging material for strategic located manufacturing plants. It requires the exposure of inventory management for store supplies, like- maintenance items, consumables and packaging items. During the performance, position require the highest level of quality and cost effectiveness.
Main responsibilities: • Understand the manufacturing plant requirements with close coordination of site technical experts.
• Releasing the RFQ to correct vendors, explore the market for new potential vendors, benchmarking and obtaint the quotes from vendors.
• Compare quote, evaluates findings and makes independent decisions on cost effective MRO procurement matters for goods and services.
• Prepares MRO purchase orders through a computerized system (SAP) and places orders for the purchase of goods and services in a timely manner. Print, fax or email Pos to suppliers.
• Interprets and evaluate maintenance & service contract provisions with the approval of Purchasing Manager.
• Able to calculate zero based costing and apply it on case to case basis for evaluation of should cost during negotiate with vendors.
• Contract review, negotiation and benchmarking with other sites for service quality & pricing.
• Reviews orders for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with existing policies and procedures and ensures all purchasing procedures and guidelines are followed.
• Organizes, updates, and retains MRO supplier and product information files and purchase order records to ensure compliances.
• Extract the monthly reports with appropriate MRO commodities in a timely manner and sharing with managent for spend review.
• Participate / assist with plant inventory management activities, as required.
• Demonstrates continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes.
• Interview MRO suppliers and evaluates their products and capabilities as a supplier.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or required by the supervisor/customer.
• Adhere to and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices as outlined in Employee Handbook.
• Perform all aspects of position to highest quality.
• Report any non-conformance to Supervisor immediately.
• Know all quality standards and expectations of position
and if not sure, ask supervisor before continuing.
• Know all safety requirements of position prior to starting
• Follow all safety rules and procedures established by the
• Take personal responsibility for own safety and fellow
employees, correcting and/or assisting in the
correction of any safety hazard identified.
Reporting to: Procurement Director
Number required: 1
Desired start date: Permanent
Probation: 6 MONTHS
Working Hours: MONDYA TO FRIDAY 9 :00 AM-6:30 PM
Travel requirements: DEPEND ON THE BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS
Gross monthly base salary: NEGOTIABLE
Commission / Bonus: N/A
Other Benefits: AS PER UAE LAW