Al Futtaim Group
Maintenance Assistant | Retail | IKEA
Overview of the role
Ensure a safe, secure, clean and functional environment for our visitors and co-workers. Maintain the building, electromechanical operating systems, non-selling furniture, interior and exterior in “shape as new” to promote the image and brand of IKEA.
What you will do
- Contribute to maintain store in “Shape as new” by performing building maintenance functions according to the planned maintenance process.
- Rectify breakdowns and complete work orders and preventative maintenance as scheduled
- Perform/supervise all modifications, renovation and enhancement works [if required], providing technical and financial offers for all operation spare parts, all of services shall be done by coordination with third party contractors/service providers
- Implement Facility department routines and procedures by applying predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance
- Work in an efficient and simple way in order to maximize efficiency within the department
- Be a contributor to provide a safe work environment for all, by following: OSHA, local safety regulations and IKEA risk manual guidelines
- Manage all maintenance activities related to electrical, mechanical, civil work, cladding, signage, lighting systems any other maintenance work.
- Surveying all MEP systems and equipment also validation all system status and readings with original
- equipment/system parameters at operation and maintenance manuals.
- Foster a “Service” oriented approach with all departments
- Contribute to an environment where the IKEA Culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers
- Follow and confirm to HSE policies and standards at all times.
- Manage in-house activities with an over-all responsibility of external supervisors and facility management technicians.
- Manage external contractors & evaluate contractor’s work and certify contractor’s invoices for payment.
- Prepare various technical reports and progress review reports.
- Support in developing & reviewing HSM SOPs
- Secure materials for Both MEP ordinary maintenance & MEP Tasks as well as Civil & fixing construction comments
- Support and backup the HSM in evacuation drills & safety matters
Required skills to be successfulFamiliar with chilled water supply system and energy transfer stations (ETS).Familiar with mechanical systems specially HVAC system, Firefighting system, Fire suppression system, water supply system,plumbing system, hood systems, ventilation systems, smoke management systems, etc.Familiar with electrical systems specially lighting system, power low voltage and medium voltage systems, distribution and panel boards system, fire alarm system, public address system, cable tray system, motor control centers and control equipment, building management system, etc.Good knowledge of sustainability needs and development.Proficient in using computers & Microsoft office.Proficient in using data analysis software is preferable.Excellent communication skills.Good leadership skills :Active listening.The ability to share clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand for everyone.Creativity.Flexibility. What equips you for the role4 years in maintenance & facilities management fieldEducation in technical/ industrial [electrical or mechanical]
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.