Job description / Role
Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
Amazon Worldwide Operations is the underlying fulfillment and customer service engine that ensures Amazon creates the same consistent, world-class customer experience every time. We are looking for high-potential, flexible, innovative, and forward-thinking professionals to join our MENA Ops Integration team. Are you ready to drive high-visibility, strategic, revenue-generating projects as well as leverage Lean methodologies to lead Operational process improvement initiatives?
Join the Ops Integration team as Transportation Area Manager in our Special Handling network. As an Area Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring multiple sites from operations and compliance point of view. You will take full ownership of the first and middle mile planning and execution. You will be working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve timely launches and operations metrics. With customer obsession and a high sense of ownership, you will utilize your skills to identify patterns and any disruptions in it. You should be able to dive deep, scrutinize details and foresee data implications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for managing and controlling performance, cost and capacity of Third party logistics partners (3PL)
· Monitor and analyze customer experience and delivery performance. Maintain and develop KPIs and SLAs with 3PL.
· Optimizing the 3PL’s first and middle delivery network and improving speed to our customer through various initiatives.
· Contribute and lead major projects within the UAE Operations Fulfillment / Supply Chain / Transportation to support business and selection growth.
· Contribute to process improvements and cost optimization initiatives in collaboration with internal and external customers
· Contribute to contract negotiations with our external fulfillment partners.
· Prioritize projects and software feature requests, evaluate and set stakeholder expectations.
· Develop and maintain strong communication processes to ensure smooth and efficient flow of accurate information across Amazon’s Retail and external fulfillment teams.
· Own deployment of Continuous Improvement of network standards, in collaboration with MENA Process Owners, MENA ACES and local Process Managers
· Train & direct associates for action and conformance of norms & practices
· Audit the sites for various operational conformances, restrictions and norms
· Conduct audits on based on SOPs, analyze data and propose process improvement initiatives
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.