Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales has been present in Oman for over 35 years and with over 135 employees to date, we are growing rapidly. Our new Airport site office and Muscat Grand Mall office highlight our ambition to increase local operational capabilities. In 2010 we supplied navigation systems to 5 airports, modernizing Oman’s navigation surveillance capabilities and increasing flight safety. An increase in air traffic growth has led to crucial need for modernisation of Oman’s transport infrastructure, Thales is providing security solutions for Oman’s largest infrastructure project, Muscat International Airport and for Salalah Airport in Oman’s second largest city.
- Perform IFE checks, Content loading, Software loading and/or any IFE task as scheduled
- Identify necessary actions to restore functional acceptance, which may require the removal and replacement of defective line replaceable modules and/or cabling/consumable parts
- Communicate and interface with Line Maintenance Technician Lead on duty
- Report task completion or deferral
- Ensure work is carried out in compliance with company, health and safety and airport procedures and regulations
- Ensure best use of resources (parts, tools, equipment, vehicles,..) is made
- Ensures that all unused serviceable and unserviceable items are returned to stores with the correct part tag attached
- Maintains equipment and premises in a serviceable, clean and safe condition
- Remain up-to-date on new Technical Notices, Quality Notices issued, general and technical information
- Ensure appropriate worn of equipment provided by the company for health and safety reasons
- Report any abnormalities on test equipment made available to his supervisor on duty
- Previous experience in commercial aircraft maintenance for at least 2 years is highly preferable
- Higher National Diploma or Extended diploma in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Hold an NCAA approved Aircraft Engineer License or EASA is preferable
- Hold a valid driving license is mandatory
- Knowledge of electronic and troubleshooting generally acquired through commercial aviation or technical school education
- Good oral and written skills in English
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!