Lincoln is seeking an experienced Data Scientist to drive the development and implementation of analytical solutions within Lincoln’s Life Solutions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to directly support innovation in Life Solutions and partner with actuarial, IT, and fellow Data Scientists to tackle challenging initiatives aimed at revolutionizing insurance. You will leverage data science and business expertise to develop predictive models that will arm our stakeholders with best in-class tools to gain a competitive advantage!
- Work extensively with key stakeholders across Life Solutions to understand business needs, vet opportunities, and deliver analytically-based solutions and tools to drive business results.
- Complete end to end modeling, specifically building processes including data collecting and cleaning, feature extraction and reduction, missing value handling, robust predictive modeling measurement and methodologies, model deployment, and model maintenance.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, clearly interpret the data and effectively communicate findings and insights to senior executives, managers, and key stakeholders.
- Design and execute analytic plans. Generate insights and inform business decisions using advanced analytical techniques.
- Provide expertise and collaborate with stakeholders to define data collection and analysis requirements and establish adequate business understanding to provide effective analysis.
- Identify, compile, and mine data from a wide variety of data repositories using SQL, Python, Dataiku, DataRobot, and Tableau. Validate data accuracy and confirm data quality.
- Strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environment, including drawing conclusions and making decision from imperfect and disparate datasets.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Flexibility and rapid adaption to the changing business environment and priorities.
- Strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of insurance principles is a plus.
- MS or PhD degree in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems preferred.
- 4 Year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or Information Systems required.
- Broad understanding of core statistical and ML techniques with prior experience analyzing data and building models in a statistical programming language (Python preferred).
- Strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Minimum 3 – 5+ years of related experience, preferably modeling in insurance or health fields.
- Curiosity and demonstrated capability to quickly learn new concepts.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A