The Reinsurance Actuary is responsible for assisting in the optimization of the Group Life and Health reinsurance programs for the Group Protection block of business. This position is within of the Risk and Capital Management area which is responsible for supporting Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) activities within the Group Protection division. He/She will need to operate independently in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple high priority projects.
- Present all viable options and recommend best options for Lincoln Financial Group
- Analyze and provide direction on Lincoln Financial Group’s Group Protection Group Life and Health reinsurance arrangements to ensure that reinsurance arrangements offer competitive, industry leading solutions and are implemented appropriately.
- Evaluate, analyze and respond to reinsurer proposals including, but not limited to:
- Provides subject matter expertise and ability to challenge the current reinsurance model.
- Ability to evaluate creative solutions
- Monitor the experience of various reinsurance programs.
- Lead and implement changes to reinsurance arrangements.
- Support the development of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and/or treaty changes, as needed
- Analyze financial impacts of all options on a GAAP and Statutory basis
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
- 5-7+ years of experience in Actuarial positions that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of the position.
- Drives performance targets to completion.
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions.
- Undergraduate Degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Actuarial Science is preferred.
- FSA designation strongly preferred.
- ASA designation is required.
- Educational experience and/or proficiency in reinsurance is preferred.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A