Job description / Role
Lifeguard Supervisor – THE8 HOTEL
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai’s iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
– Comply with all hotel rules and regulations as outlined in the handbook and to be aware of company disciplinary and grievance procedures.
– Maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose information relating to Hotel operations.
– Ensure all lifeguarding operations comply with all legal requirements under U.A.E law and company policy.
– To comply with statutory & legal requirements for fire, health & safety and employment.
– Ensure all lifeguards report for duty on time and leave on time
– Ensure all lifeguards comply with the grooming standards of the hotel, and are clean & tidy and wearing the correct appropriate uniform and name badge.
– Provide full co-operation to all colleagues requiring assistance in a prompt and helpful manner and assist around the Hotel in response to business and guest’s needs.
– Assist in creating an environment which promotes staff morale, encourages colleagues to have pride in their department and their skills and ensuring maximum efficiency.
– Critically evaluate one’s own performance and consistently set high standards.
– Set up and maintain systems of information and ensure quality and safety procedures are being followed.
– Any other duties as and when requested by the Director of Security
– Ensure all lifeguards are provided with and sign for a copy of the Risk Assessment, NOP and EAP.
– Train all lifeguards in the elements contained within the NOP and EAP
– Train all lifeguards in the departmental SOP’s.
– Ensure there is the appropriate number of lifeguards on patrol at all pools and beach at all times, in line with the NOP.
– Ensure all safety equipment, life-saving equipment and first aid equipment is checked at the beginning and end of each day.
– Prepare the weekly roster with consideration to peak periods and peak times.
– Identify and report hazards and maintenance requirements at the pool and beach areas.
– Check the swimming pools, furniture and pool and beach area on a daily basis. Make sure that it is safe, clean and fit for guests use.
– Continually patrol the areas under your supervision, ensuring smooth operation.
– Ensure that pool and beach checklists are completed and filled by the lifeguards daily.
– Ensure all lifeguards enforce the Hotel rules and regulations.
– Ensure that Lifeguards are wearing the correct uniform on duty and are groomed in line with grooming standards.
– Ensuring that all lifeguards rotate every 20 minutes.
– Ensure that breaks are managed effectively, and lifeguard cover is maintained on the pools and beach.
– Maintain and develop teamwork between the lifeguards.
– Organize rescue drills on a weekly basis.
– Register pool readings (Ch, PH, temp) 3 times per day.
– Log into the Royal Service system, pool and beach logbook, and immediately report to the Recreation Manager / Director of Recreation.
– Plan and lead daily Lifeguards briefings.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.