At National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail brands: America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside select Walmart stores and Vista Optical inside Fred Meyer stores and on select military bases. With a team of over 13,000 Associates including a network of over 2,000 optometrists, we offer an innovative culture where training is a priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
We are looking for a Licensed General Manager to join our growing team.
The Licensed General Manager will provide management of all facets of a retail stores’ operations, including but not limited to, the daily operation of a retail area including personnel management, budgetary controls, inventory controls, etc. while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Achieve and maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e. reviewing the P&L).
- Monitor sales results against budgeted.
- Ensure all store associates achieve and maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Investigate and compile competitive information.
- Provide daily and weekly statistics to District Manager and corporate office.
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current promotions.
- Hire, supervise and train all store associates.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
- Interface and maintain appropriate professional relations with the doctor, other NVI associates and customers.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- Language Ability– Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Math Ability– Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability– Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Maintain license as required by state.
- Management experience in retail and/or optical industry.
- ABO & NCLE Certified (Recommended).
- Proficient computer skills.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.