Information Management, in partnership with IT, is leading a data transformation to modernize our data platform that supports the varied information needs of Group Protection to drive business value and profitability, and enable & increase adoption by implementing modern, business-centric (big) data & analytics technologies, processes, and training that will make it easy to understand & consume Information and embed data-driven decision-making into our business processes.
The Analyst, Data Analytics will design and build foundational data assets working along with our IT development team. S/he will also gain expertise on a number of analytic tools and technologies that will be implemented in the future.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Have an investigative mindset towards data (in-house and public), proactively identify issues & potential value to the team, and operationalize those datasets for analytic use cases
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Design, develop and implement data &analytic projects within a Cloud computing environment and utilize Big Data platforms & tools.
- Consults/Analyze on more complex assignments and/or projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Participates in the design, development and delivery of business-centric data & analytic solutions, including large scale data blending, wrangling and integration
- Generates reports, and aids in transforming base transactional data into meaningful information to drive informed dialog and strategy development with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures data integrity and develops procedures for increasing the quality and accuracy of information from multiple data sources.
- Maintains an understanding of how the data contained in the various systems are utilized and can triangulate various aspects of the data into a usable format to support decision making.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Builds and delivers tools and data assets for the various GP business areas
- Experience in data & analytic process automation
- Knowledge of databases and related concepts and hands-on experience in delivery of visualizations and data marts
- 2 – 5+ Years Progressive experience in design, development and delivery of business-centric data solutions, including relational databases, data marts, data load processes and reporting applications (Required)
- 2 – 5+ Years’ experience in analyzing, designing, developing and operationalizing data assets
- Hands on experience in a wide array of technology and data products in both traditional and big data space e.g. Oracle, Redshift, Hadoop etc
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) in Information Technology or Engineering or Mathematical discipline (Minimum Required)
- Technology experience in a multi-platform distributed environment.
- Knowledge of analytic tools (SAS/SPSS/R), visualization/BI tools (Tableau/Qlik) and data wrangling tools (Alteryx/Dataiku)
- Knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
Company: Lincoln Financial
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A